LOCATION of DORE ABBEY
- Dore Abbey is approximately 15 miles from Hereford City in the direction of Abergavenny
- It can be found on the O.S. Landranger map No 149, Hereford and Leominster, at Map Reference 386304 and on Google maps
- It is best approached from the A465 Hereford to Abergavenny Road. At Wormbridge or Ewyas Harold, look out on the right for the brown and white Tourist signs for ‘Dore Abbey’
- From Hay-on-Wye, take the B4348 signposted to Ross, and turn soon after Vowchurch onto the B4347 which passes the lych gate.
- The post code of Dore Abbey is HR2 0AA
OPENING TIMES for the ABBEY
- The Abbey is usually open between 9.00am and 5.00pm (4.00 pm in Winter), although access to the Presbytery may be limited when a service is in progress.
- The Abbey grounds are always open.
- Conducted tours (for groups of 6 or more) can be prebooked by contacting 01432 870 708. It is our practice to make a charge £4.00 per person for guided tours and of £3.00 per person for 'self-guided' groups.